Galveston Criminal Defense Lawyer
A criminal conviction of any kind will change your life forever, from immediate consequences, such as license suspension and jail time, to long-term consequences like employment issues and parental rights. With the help of an experienced attorney, you can fight to reduce the charges and minimize the potential consequences. At the Galveston and Seabrook Law Offices of Susan M. Edmonson, we protect the rights of the accused in the municipal, state, and federal courts of Texas.
Criminal Defense · DUI & DWI · Drug Crimes
Our firm provides defense for a wide range of crimes. We handle all misdemeanors and felonies in the courts of Texas except for capital felonies. We understand that you have serious questions about your future after your arrest, and at our firm, you will directly with your attorney from day one. We will be there to answer any questions you may have and help you understand your options. We handle the following criminal cases for our Galveston clients:
- Drunk Driving: There are serious potential consequences for a DUI or DWI conviction in Texas. We will protect your rights in court and help you keep your license at your Department of Motor Vehicles hearing.
- Traffic Crimes: From speeding tickets to reckless driving, you can fight your traffic tickets in court and protect your rights.
- Drug Crimes: We handle a wide range of drug crimes, including possession and distribution, for a variety of narcotics, such as marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamines, and prescription drugs.
- Sex Crimes: No one wants to live with the lifelong stigma of a sex crimes conviction. We will protect your rights, building a defense geared towards avoiding jail and sex offender registration.
- Assault & Battery: From bar fights to domestic violence disputes, we handle a wide range of assault and battery cases.
You always want to talk to a lawyer before you make any decisions or give any information regarding your arrest. Offering reasonable rates, your case will always be handled directly by your attorney, never an assistant or paralegal. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.